Special day, special time, special thanks~

 This year's February is a special month in lots of ways. It has Valentine's Day.  It has Chinese New Year and the 28th of February is my birthday. 

This year's birthday is extra special to me. Not only it's my last birthday as a single lady, it's my first birthday as a Canadian permanent resident. Honey and I have been waiting for this status for sooooooo long. It's so long that we almost forget we were waiting for it.

Special thanks to people I love
My mum and my family
Despite of how long we have been waiting, we still feel blessed of our situation. I am so thankful that my family gave me the full support both mentally and financially. Without them, I will not be able to make use of my time and got half of the degree in the past two years. I need to especially thank my mum. She accepts my identity, respects me choices, and goes all the way to make sure I have a wonderful life... But my life is wonderful since the day I was born because I have you as my mum. Thank you and I love you so much, mummy.

My Fiancee-May
And May, you are the reason I came to Canada. I remember when we first decided for me to come here, You told me that we will live a quite simple life. Before I can get my PR status, I may not be able to shop as much when there's only one income between the two of us. Yet, you asked me not to worry because you will take care of me.

Not only you have complete your promise, you excess it. Obviously, I cannot change my shopaholic personality and being such a sticky girlfriend. But you never say no to me when I want to go shopping and happily spend all your time on me. There are many times I have thought, if you were not with me, you would probably have saved enough money for down payment already. But every time I said this to you, you still show me you would not trade what we have now for anything. Hearing you said that, my heart melts.

We dream the same life, we share the same opinions, we aim for the same goal...I cannot image if there's anyone in this world that I can feel so right to be with. How can I not feel blessed. Some say a person's biggest purpose in life is to find the other half of their soul. I have found you. I am completed. Thank you, May.

And look at how much I ate and how chubby I am now, there's no way I can deny how happy you made me and how wonderful my life has became.

My Friends in Vancouver
I remember when we first decided for me to come to Canada, I was not sure if I can make new friends here. Frankly, the friends I used to hang out with were quite different... in many ways. Of course, May's friend will not give me a hard time, but it would be a huge difference if I can become one of the friends in the big group or I am just the girlfriend of one of the friend in the big group.

Fortunately, my cooking bought me a place in the group, haha. But honestly, it's my honour to be able to cook for these good friends. They made the life in Vancouver so much more fun than it is. All those drinking parties, dinner parties, clubbings, karaoke, shopping, summer trips and numerous bubble tea and badminton hangouts have made my wait for the PR status so much easier. Thank you peeps!!

I would say, I didn't spend two years to wait for my PR but I spent two years to have fun and achieve a even brighter and sweeter future here in Vancouver.

I love you all!

0 comments: