My handbag Theory

Recently, Coach send me a $25% off customer appreciation letter. On their website, I found they put on some new faces for 2010 Summer handbags. I kinda like them.

Affordable and Luxury
I consider Coach as an affordable name brand. In my definition of an affordable name brand,  the ticket price of its entry level handbag should cost less than 2/7 of a person's wage.  That mean when I am not rich but want a handbag so badly, I only need to skip my meal twice a week to save money for the handbag.

I consider Gucci and other even more expensive brand as luxury, when the ticket price of their entry level handbag is around 1/3 of a person wage. I can only buy one of these luxury handbags every half to two year depends on how BIG is the price tag.


Change in Style and Taste...or not?
I always love Gucci. I love their big tote bag and Boston handbag. At the past, I would not lay an eye on their fashion handbags because they simply look too mature for me and unreasonably expensive. Now, I found myself more and more attracted to these womanly handbags... I guess getting married really force me into a different stage of life.

However, no matter how mature my taste has became , my style states very solid. I like big tote and rigid shape handbag. After having over 20 rigid shape handbags and big totes at home, I will still buy the similar style over and over again.  I wonder when I will stop. I tried to look at other shapes of bags. It just doesnt feel right on my hand. It's just not Carman.

They caught my eyes
I still love to use the Gucci I have now. I just dont want to buy the exact same style again. Following the advance of my maturity, I try to buy something different!  I want to save more $$ and invest into the more expensive line. Recently, the Gucci that has caught my eyes are the following:

Gucci3 Gucci1Gucci2

They are all $2000+ handbags... which I am not able to get them anytime sooner, especially when we have huge expenses on wedding. But I promise myself! I will allow myself to buy one after the wedding debt is over and when I got hired in the community center!! It will be an award for my effort in the wedding.

In the mean time, maybe I should just look at Coach. haha~ Their 2010 Summer collection has a few bags that I like. Unfortunately, those that I like are in the top price range, between $598-$798. Phew!
Coach2 coach1

I dont know why, I just dont have the motivation to spend big bucks on Coach...Their resell value is very low. If I need to pay $800+tax to buy a Coach, mind as well wait for Gucci sale.

0 comments: